AlibabaCloud - Linking, Provisioning, and Importing Server
Linking and Importing from AlibabaCloud
In this article, we are going to show how to link your AlibabaCloud Account with UCX Cloud, and how to import and create infrastructure directly from the dashboard.
- Log in to your account: UCXMarket
- After you log in, go to Cloud Manager:
- Select Object Storage to your left and press Deploy Bucket:
- From the partner list, select AlibabaCloud:
- Enter your AlibabaCloud token:
- To create an API key, log in to AlibabaCloud console. Once you log in, search for the RAM service:
- Click on the Users link on the left navigation menu:
- Click on the Create User button.
Enter Logon Name and a Display Name. Make sure you tick the Programmatic Access box - This will enable you to use API keys instead of console login.
- Make sure you copy the AccessKey ID and the AccessKey secret and store them somewhere safe. The next step is to assign permissions to this user. Click on the link Permissions > Grants on the left navigation bar:
- Click on the Grant Permission button and assign the policies to our user:
- Principal - select your user
- AliyunECSFullAccess and AliyunVPCFullAccess
and then click OK:
- Enter a label/name for your account and paste your AlibabaCloud API Key and Secret. If you want to import your servers from AlibabaCloud, click the Import my cloud infrastructure checkbox and click Next:
After e few seconds, your account should be linked:
Clicking Back to Cloud Manager will show you the list of accounts you have linked with UCX Cloud. Click on the Servers navigation link to see your infrastructure:
- If you have checked the Import my cloud infrastructure box, you will see your servers in this view. It shows all the different servers that you have from different cloud providers. (GCPDigitalOceanAWS/Packet).
- Deploying a server is very easy and straightforward with UCX Cloud:
Click on the Deploy server button:
- Select one of the partners - In our case we are choosing AlibabaCloud:
- Select one of the products:
- Choose your hourly or monthly term. Select datacenter/location and what image you want to have installed on your server. You can also choose the server quantity in case you want to deploy multiple servers:
- Select the account you have linked and check the Grant UCX access box if you want to be able to manage the server from UCX Cloud. The next step adds a secure way to connect to your server. We have a few options here:
- Add your SSH Key locally from your computer.
- Select existing SSH Key from your UCX Cloud account.
- Generate SSH Key - Have the key be generated from UCX Cloud. This will give you an option to download the private key locally.
Before proceeding with the deployment, you have to name your server - This is the Hostname. After you fill out the form, click Confirm and Deploy.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Servers view. It will take a couple of seconds for the server to be ready (green).
From this view, you can also execute a set of operations to your server. Click on the three dots to the right of your server and you will see the options for delete, stop, start, and restart.
- To get more details for the server and use UCX Access, click on the server name. This is a more detailed view of the server and gives you the option to use UCX Cloud Console and add SSH Keys. Click on Access to have the console open:
*Add additional SSH keys to the server *:
- From the server view on UCX Cloud, you can also go to Settings.
You have a few more options here. You can add additional SSH keys from this view too. Remove UCX Access will remove the options to manage the server remotely from UCX Cloud and you also have the option to Delete Server.
- Un-linking your AlibabaCloud Account can be done in a few clicks. Go back to Cloud Accounts on the left navigation menu, click the three dots on the account you want to remove, and then click Delete.
You will be asked to confirm the account removal. After the account is removed all cloud infrastructure gets removed from your UCX Account still remains on your AlibabaCloud Account.