GCP - Linking, Provisioning, and Importing Server
Linking and Importing from Google Cloud
In this article, we are going to show how to link your Google Cloud Account with UCX Cloud and how to import and create infrastructure directly from the dashboard.
- Log in to your account: UCXMarket
- After you log in, go to Cloud Manager:
- Now we need to link our GCP account with UCX Cloud. Click Link Account:
- From the partner list, select Google Cloud:
- Enter your GCP details:
- Now we need to generate a .json file that will connect to GCP. Log in to the GCP Console on your project, go to IAM & Admin, and then select Service Accounts:
- Now we need to create a service account. Click on Create service account, enter the service account details, and click CREATE:
Next, we will assign permissions to the service account on the filter input. Select Compute Admin and click on CONTINUE:
The next step is very important. We need to create a key and download the .json file. Click on the + CREATE KEY button, select JSON as a format, and click CREATE. This file saves the private key on your computer, which will be used on UCX Cloud.
- Back on UCX Cloud, import the .json file we got from GCP. If you want to import your infrastructure to UCX Cloud make sure to check Import my cloud infrastructure and click Next:
After e few seconds, your account should be linked:
Clicking Back to Cloud Manager shows the list of accounts you have linked with UCX Cloud. Click on the Servers navigation link to see your infrastructure.
- If you checked the import my cloud infrastructure box, you will see your servers in this view. It shows all the different servers that you have from different cloud providers. (AWS/DigitalOceanAlibabaCloud/Packet).
Deploying a server is easy with UCX Cloud
Click on the Deploy server button:
- Select one of the partners - In our case we are choosing Google Cloud:
- Select one of the products:
- Choose your hourly or monthly term. Select datacenter/location and the image you want to have installed on your server. You can also choose the server quantity in case you want to deploy multiple servers:
- Select the account you have linked and check the Grant UCX access box if you want to be able to manage the server from UCX Cloud. The next step adds a secure way to connect to your server. We have a few options here:
- Add your SSH Key locally from your computer.
- Select existing SSH Key from your UCX Cloud account.
- Generate SSH Key - Have the key be generated from UCX Cloud. This will give you an option to download the private key locally.
Before proceeding with the deployment you have to name the server - This is the Hostname. After you fill in the form, click on Confirm and Deploy:
- Next, you will be redirected to the servers view. It takes a couple of seconds for the server to be ready (green).
Here, you can also execute a set of operations to your server. Click on the three dots to the right of your server and you will see the options for delete, stop, start, and restart:
- To get more details for the server and use UCX Access, click on the server name. This is a more detailed view of the server and gives you the option to use UCX Cloud Console and add SSH key. Click on Access to have the console open:
*Add additional SSH keys to the server *:
- From the server view on UCX Cloud, you can also go to settings.
Here, you can add additional SSH keys too. Remove UCX Access this will remove the options to manage the server remotely from UCX Cloud. You also have the option to Delete Server:
- Un-linking your Google Cloud Account can be done in a few clicks. Go back to Cloud Accounts on the left navigation menu, click the three dots on the account you want to remove, and then click Delete.
You will be asked to confirm the removal of the account. After the account is removed, all cloud infrastructure gets removed from your UCX Account but still remains on your Google Cloud account.