Packet - Linking, Provisioning, and Importing Server
Linking and Importing from Packet
In this article, we are going to show how to link your Packet Account with UCX Cloud and how to import and create infrastructure directly from the dashboard.
- Login to your account: UCXMarket
- After you log in, go to Cloud Manager:
- Now we need to link your Packet account with UCX Cloud. Click Link Account:
- From the partner list, select Packet:
- Enter your Packet credentials:
- To get the credentials from Packet, log in to Packet. Once you log in, click the small arrow next to your profile avatar and click API Keys:
- Click on the +Add button and enter a name for your API Key. Make sure to have the Read/Write permissions set and then click Add:
- Your token will be shown immediately so make sure to save it somewhere safe. The next step is to get the Organization ID. In the same view, click ORGANIZATION SETTINGS on top.
Your Organization ID will be shown here. Make sure you copy it and have it ready with the API Key we copied earlier.
- Enter a label/name for your account and paste your Packet Project ID and Access Key. If you want to import your servers from Packet, click the Import my cloud infrastructure checkbox and then click Next:
After e few seconds, your account should be linked:
Click Back to Cloud Manager. In the list of accounts you have linked with UCX Cloud, click on the Servers navigation link to see your infrastructure.
- Click on the Servers navigation link on the left side. If you have checked the Import my cloud infrastructure box, you will see your servers in this view. It shows all the different servers you have from different cloud providers. (GCPAWSAlibabaCloud/DigitalOcean)
- Deploying a server is very easy and straightforward with UCX Cloud.
Click on the Deploy server button:
- Select one of the partners - in our case we are choosing Packet:
- Select one of the products:
- Select datacenter/location and the image you want to have installed on your server. You can also choose the server quantity in case you want to deploy multiple servers. Then you click Deploy now:
- Select the account you have linked and check the Grant UCX access box if you want to be able to manage the server from UCX Cloud. The next step adds a secure way to connect to your server. We have a few options here:
- Add your SSH Key locally from your computer.
- Select existing SSH Key from your UCX Cloud account.
- Generate SSH Key - Have the key be generated from UCX Cloud. This will give you an option to download the private key locally.
Before proceeding with the deployment you will have to enter your server a name - This is the Hostname. After you fill out everything in the form, click Confirm and Deploy.
- Next, you will be redirected to the Servers view. It takes a couple of minutes for the server to be ready.
From this view, you can also execute a set of operations to your server. Click on the three dots to the right of your server and you will see the options for delete, stop, start, and restart.
- To get more details for the server and use UCX Access, click on the server name. This is a detailed view of the server and gives you the option to use UCX Cloud Console and add an SSH key. Click on Access to open the console:
*Add additional SSH keys to the server *:
- From the server view on UCX Cloud, you can also go to settings:
You have a few more options here. You can add additional SSH keys from this view too. Remove UCX Access will remove the options to manage the server remotely from UCX Cloud and you also have the option to Delete Server:
- Un-linking your Packet Account can be done in a few clicks. Go back to Cloud Accounts on the left navigation menu, click the three dots on the account you want to remove, and then click Delete.
This will ask you to confirm the removal of the account. After the account is removed, all cloud infrastructure is removed from your UCX Account but still remains on your Packet account.