DigitalOcean - Linking, Provisioning, and Importing Server
Linking and Importing from DigitalOcean
In this article, we are going to show how to link your DigitalOcean Account with UCX Cloud and how to import and create infrastructure directly from the dashboard.
- Log in to your account: UCXMarket
- After you login go to Cloud Manager:
- Now we need to link our DigitalOcean account with UCX Cloud. Click on Link Account:
- From the partner list, select DigitalOcean:
- Enter your DigitalOcean token:
- To create a token, log in to DigitalOcean. Once you log in, scroll down to the bottom left and click on the API link:
- Click on Generate New Token:
- Enter a token name and make sure you have both Read and Write permissions ticked:
- Enter a label/name for your account and paste your DigitalOcean token. If you want to import your servers from DigitalOcean, click the Import my cloud infrastructure checkbox and then click Next:
After e few seconds your account should be linked:
Clicking Back to Cloud Manager will show you the list of accounts you have linked with UCX Cloud. Click on the Servers navigation link to see your infrastructure.
- If you have checked the Import my cloud infrastructure box, you will see your servers in this view. It shows all the different servers that you have from different cloud providers. (GCPAWSAlibabaCloud/Packet)
- Deploying a server is very easy and straightforward with UCX Cloud.
Click on the Deploy server button:
- Select one of the partners, in our case we are choosing DigitalOcean:
- Select one of the products:
- Choose your hourly or monthly term. Select datacenter/location and the image you want to have installed on your server. You can also choose the server quantity in case you want to deploy multiple servers:
- Select the account you have linked and check the Grant UCX access box if you want to be able to manage the server from UCX Cloud. The next step adds a secure way to connect to your server. We have a few options here:
- Add your SSH Key locally from your computer.
- Select existing SSH Key from your UCX Cloud account.
- Generate SSH Key - Have the key be generated from UCX Cloud. This will give you an option to download the private key locally.
Before proceeding with the deployment you have to name the server - This is the Hostname. After everything is filled from the form, click on Confirm and Deploy:
- Next, you will be redirected to the Servers view. It takes a couple of seconds for the server to be ready (green).
From this view, you can also execute a set of operations to your server. Click on the three dots to the right of your server and you will see the options for delete, stop, start, and restart:
- To get more details for the server and use UCX Access, click on the server name. This is a more detailed view of the server and gives you the option to use the UCX Cloud Console and add SSH key. Click on Access to have the console open:
*Add additional SSH keys to the server *:
- From the Server view on UCX Cloud, you can also go to Settings:
You have a few more options here. You can add additional SSH keys from this view too. Remove UCX Access will remove the options to manage the server remotely from UCX Cloud and you also have the option to Delete Server.
- Un-linking your DigitalOcean Account can be done in a few clicks. Go back to Cloud Accounts on the left navigation menu, click the three dots on the account you want to remove, and then click Delete:
This will ask you to confirm the removal of the account. After the account is removed, all cloud infrastructure gets removed from your UCX Account but still remains on your DigitalOcean account.